Tuesday 30 December 2014

2015 Resolutions

Well, here we are. I can't quite believe that my Year of Albums is nearly up. I have quite a backlog of recommendations that will keep me served with new music for years to come, and a new collection of 'favourites' to explore.

However, the natural question is, of course; what about 2015? I can't go back to resolving to 'go running everyday' and barely lasting a week. I've given it some thought, and I am making two resolutions:

1) Every fortnight, I will watch a film. (This may sound unremarkable, but since the only films I remember watching this year are The Lego Movie, Superman and The Sound of Music, it's quite a Big Thing.)
  • I would like recommendations, please, of 'your favourite film' or 'the film I should have watched that I almost certainly haven't'. (On IMDBs list of the 100 all-time great films, there are 21 of which I have seen at least part, of which 6 are films we watched at school because we were studying them!)
  • I am strictly limiting each person to one recommendation! 
  • I want to end up with at least two from each decade, where 'pre 1950' counts as the first decade.
  • If you recommend a horror movie, I will almost certainly refuse to watch it, unless it is Hitchcock in which case I might be OK.
  • In order to save the sanity of people who spend a lot of time with me, like Sammie, I will not ask for recommendations at every opportunity.
2) I will bake something every week, even if it's only flapjack.


No comments:

Post a Comment